Sunday, September 30, 2007

This weekend we were down in South Kettle Moraine for the Fall Color Festival. The 'timed event' course was changed from last year to include 10 miles on the connector and with two blue Muir loops and an additional part of the red loop the race was about 35 miles long. Scott tried out some tires that he had not tried before. They are very fast and similar to the 'crows', or as I call them 'lucky charms' (which are not so lucky as if it is slick at all - there is big risk of going down - right Charlie?) The course must have had a heavy dew, or rain the days leading up to this saturday. There were a few big mud puddles with difficulty in some spots getting around them.

Doug, Scott, and Tristan did the 30 mile race - along with about 50 other people. I rode two + loops (about 25 miles)before volunteering out with the women's clinic. I had a blast. There were 20 enthusiastic women looking to improve their bike skills. It was fun to work with the other women. I would definitely do that again! I got in about 35 miles of riding, despite having to 'work'. That was great. My legs were a bit tired from the previous day's ride in Eau Claire with Doug and Scott. They were flying through the single track while I attempted to keep up. It was really fun!

Scott didn't have a very good day - as he crashed twice due to his tire selection and caught himself about eight more times from going down. Doug won with his 1x9 combination. He was pretty fired up about it. We had a good trip down and back. We had excellent accommodations and good dinner the night before.

3 comments:

steve f said...

Good story from your weekend Sara!I bet the ladies were tickled to have professor Sara as their coach for the day.
I use a lucky charms tire but only on the back.
How are things working out?
See you`s at Sheboygan.The women`s elite race should be a barn burner!

Aaron Swanson said...

Sara, great seeing you & Scottie down at FCF. Hope you didn't get home too late.
say, I started a weblog the other month I'm just getting around to adding links, mind if I put you on? In case you want to check it out or add it to your links, it's www.aaronswanson.blogspot.com
Get some rest this week and knock out a great race in Sheboygan this weekend!

steve f said...

Hey Sara!
I sure hope you both have your best races of the year this weekend!Should be fun and exciting for all.