Saturday, November 17, 2007

Yesterday was my first ride since the Iceman. My right shoulder was killing me on Monday and Tuesday this week. I couldn't believe how sore it was. I couldn't sleep very well for a couple of nights. Then I put some electrical stimulation on it at work. What a relief! I can avoid taking ibuprofen and slap that machine on instead.

Our ride went fine along the road, my shoulder was a bit sore just putting weight through it, but tolerable. If we would have stuck to the road, it would have been fine, but we rode the railroad grade and then had to climb up Grady's downhill (part of the MNSCS Spirit Mtn course). I had to get off a few times as I couldn't pull up on my bars enough to be effective to climb the hill. I probably hurt it worse than I originally thought, but I still think it is mostly bruised. I hit the ground so hard when I fell! There was so much adrenaline at the time that I didn't realize just how hard that was. I have been running all week instead and have to hold my elbow bent to prevent jarring my shoulder. Kinda crazy. Hopefully, it will heal up quick. There was a blanket of snow on the ground when we woke, which lifted my spirits. Winter is on the way!

Scott is at the CX MN Champ in the twin cities without me today. I can't race cuz I can't hang on to my bike well enough and have good enough control of my bike. It'd be dangerous for me and for others around me as I would be more likely to lose control and not regain it. I hope he does well. He had a bit of a rough go at the Iceman. He bonked hard with 7 mils to go. He can't seem to keep his chain on his bike and after dropping it three times and then catching back up to his group, hit the wall. Once he did that he limped in.

3 comments:

steve f said...

Hi Sara!
Awesome to read you are back on your bike and healing up nice.
Also nice to see you guys on your way thru marquette and on to the iceman race.
Thanks.

steve f said...

Hey Sara!
Pretty awesome you guys got some big snow over there in Duluth.12 inches as of sat night.Hope you`s enjoy the xc skiing and are healing up well from your crash.
No frozen water pipes with that blanket of snow on the ground.

Sara KJ, Scott KJ said...

Nope, no frozen pipes yet. Thankfully. It took a long time to heal from that crash. I had about three bad weeks. After my shoulder seemed to be almost good, my back/SI joint acted up. I was a bit frustrated as we missed our trip to W. Yellowstone with the ski team because I could not sit in a car! All is well, or at least getting better!