Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Nordic Racing


picture credit: Clayton Keim, Nordic Spirit Race Director

Sara has done one Nordic race so far this year and I am up to two. Sara would have done the Boulder Nordic race at Boulder Lake, about 45 min north of Duluth, if Kiera hadn't gotten sick. Mick at the SKIHUT was kind enough to give us bibs for the race so Sara still feels bad about letting it go to waste.

Skiing is the fantastic right now in Duluth. In fact, I haven't been on my bike for a couple of months due to coaching and good snow. I much prefer to ski over bike in the winter since I can work myself over so much better on skis than on the bike. I blew ski high at the Nordic Spirit race a couple of weeks ago and there is nothing harder than finishing off a ski race when you are seeing triple (in addition to being tired, one has to continue to cordinate a lot of moving equipment and try to keep from freezing to death).

Sara took the week off and we planned to go to Telemark and hang out with friends but Kiera's illness will keep us grounded at home.

2 comments:

DMC said...

I too like the skiing and when it has been good I have been getting after it..just needs to stop raining..
Enjoy..

scott kj said...

Yeah, we had the same pattern earlier in the year: good snow, followed by rain. Thankfully we have great skiing so I can stay off the bike a little longer.