Thursday, June 01, 2006

It hailed again tonight. Thunder, lightning, pouring rain. I love the smell of the air after the storm passes and the orangish hue to the sky - pretty cool. Scott and I got out for a road ride tonight after work finishing long before the storm blew through. We were both quite tired so we made a nice loop riding mostly on skyline parkway that traverses the city of duluth. Beautiful sunny day. Some guy in a big pickup truck decided not to move over at all on a road with no shoulder. If I were the police I would impound his truck and give him a bicycle to use for a month.

Scott and I are thinking of doing the MNSCS race on sunday this weekend. It's just over a 3 hour drive, compared with 4 and 1/2 for the WORS race. We'll see how we feel. I still have that nagging dirt pile to contend with and gardens to build, but in truth it will more depend upon how my legs feel than anything. Should be a good turnout for the MNSCS race for expert/pro women. Tomorrow likely an off day, but we may take a short hike on some of the new superior hiking trail that is being built through the city of duluth. The trail is basically built from enger tower (just west of downtown) all the way out to Jay Cook State Park - maybe 30 miles or so of trail. Some really nice overlooks and great terrain. I'll try to remember to take my camera.

3 comments:

Kyia said...

You mean the Superior Biking Trail

Kyia said...

You mean the Superior Biking Trail

Kyia said...

What a dork I posted it twice

Kyia