Wednesday, June 14, 2006



Scott and I are getting ready for the Keewenaw Chain Drive Festival 32 mile race this weekend in Houghton, MI. We've done this race the past two years. It is a great race to test my fitness/training for longer races, especially for the Ore to Shore and Chequamegon later this season. Houghton is a pretty neat city. Alot like Duluth, only smaller. There is this whole Bridgefest and Seafood festival going on - and a technical time trial on sunday (Scott won it two years ago and is pictured here). In past years, I have run into friends from my days at NMU. Last year Scott and I hiked at the Porquipine mountains and up to the lake of the clouds (see photo). Back at NMU our ski team would take a long training weekend there and train insane hours in only 3 days...running, rollerskiing, hiking. I don't rollerski anymore...way too boring. I tried it 1x last fall and gave it up for good.. My feet hurt after 15' and all I could think about was riding my bike!

1 comment:

Kyia said...

Sara- thanks for your help over the phone last week, I am totally positive the doc. that I saw called it the ACL. I too thought that it was in my knee, she said something about tendons and ligaments. No fooling.... good luck this weekend. Represent.

kyia