Saturday, May 05, 2007



Womens bike night at the Ski Hut was a success! There were over 50 women that showed up. I talked a bit about where to Mountain Bike in Duluth and let the women know of the women's ride starting the second monday of the month. We had 'stations' around the store where women could learn how to tune their bikes or about some of the latest equipment. It was a good event and chance to see some people I have not seen in a while and bump into a few women I sold XC skis to when I worked retail while in college.

Today I will probably have to ride my XO1. It is raining out and my bike is all set up for this kind of weather. Fenders are wonderful inventions. I love my cross bikes. I got this one so I could save my XO2 for fall racing, especially as I have been riding it in the rain. Duluth weather can be a bit unpredicatable and we tend to get more rain and fog and cold than the twin cities, so my CX bike is a nice option. We have some road clean-up to do this morning to clean up Skyline. COGGS clean-up is going on as well this morning. We hope to continue buiding some new trail - and from what I hear COGGS should have 15-20 miles of new trail in around Wheeler Field in West Duluth by the time the club is done putting it in. Scott and I have been members of COGGS forever. It is a great group of bikers that do a lot for the community by putting in new trail, maintaining the trail already built by the club, and putting on The Dirtspanker race in June and PowderMonkey race in July, here in Duluth.

We race tomorrow in Iola as part of the WORS series. Not sure If I am going to sign up for the series yet, depends on how I feel this summer. I will be working a bit less than normal this summer so I am hoping to race a bit more. I find it challenging to balance work and racing. Probably cuz I want to do a good job at both.

No comments: