Wednesday, October 01, 2008






Kiera Esther Kylander-Johnson was born on Saturday September 27th at 4:11 AM. She weighed 7 pounds and 1/2 ounce and was 20 inches long. Scott and I cannot describe how amazing and precious she is. I never thought I could love someone so much (besides Scott). She is alert and makes the best noises; even her farts are cute. We have taken her for several walks and a hike on trail this evening. She is lulled to sleep by walking and is a very good baby. She has a bit of jaundice right now so we have to keep a close eye on her and I have been spending a lot of time sunning her in the window. Scott has been fantastic and we share as much of the baby duties as possible; except for nursing of course. Our life has definitely changed; but I couldn't imagine it any different. We are enjoying Kiera immensely.

I am a bit sore as I have a few stitches and will need some time to heal. But otherwise motherhood is suiting me very well and Scott is an exceptional father. Kiera is one lucky little girl to have such a good dad.

We have had so many well-wishes from friends, family, coworkers, and studnets (and their families). We feel very blessed to have so many people care about our little family.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! CONGRATULATIONS!

Boz said...

WOW - congrats!!

Kyia said...

Yipee!!! Congratulations!!

steve f said...

Oh you know we have all been waiting for this news!What a neat family and Kiera KJ is awesome...

Eric O. said...

I'm sure she'll be an exceptional mountain bike racer. Just think of all the great memories that await.
Has anyone noticed the thumbs up in the last picture yet.
Congrats to both of you From Sam and me.

Sara KJ, Scott KJ said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words. We are enjoying Kiera immensely. She is quite amazing!

rlove2bike said...

Congratulations indeed. Very nice... and another top of the podium finish for both of you.