Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Biblical Rain

It's a good thing Sara and I are able bodied. I'm willing to bet it will be a handful of days before the city of Duluth will be able to repair Skyline Road and make it structurally safe enough to handle the weight of a vehicle. I wouldn't dare walk on the ribbon of singletrack right now because it is so unstable...

Mountain bike camp went off without a hitch until today.

I wonder if it will ever stop raining. I had to resort to making little dam out of my old cedar siding to keep the water out of the basement and garage. 99th gravel is taking over the blacktop driveway and I shovel more today than I did all winter. If only we could have gotten this kind of precip this winter in the form of snow :)


This is our road at 7:00 AM - 99th Ave West


99th again


Skyline Parkway a few feet west of 99th


Skyline Parkway


Skyline Parkway


Skyline Parkway


Skyline Parkway


This creek (usually a trickle) doesn't have a name it's so small


Skyline Parkway



4 comments:

Doug Swanson said...

CRAZY!!

Tristan Schouten said...

drought conditions over here

Sara KJ, Scott KJ said...

It is still raining on and off here. We will have to rent a vehicle if we are going to a race anytime soon...

Kyia said...

WOW! Unbelievable! Glad you guys are at least safe! Thanks for sharing the amazing photos!